Marijuana Possession | Personal Injury Lawyer for Metro Houston
If you have been arrested for marijuana possession, find out your legal rights. Get in touch with marijuana possession attorney and trial lawyer Michael A. Lamson, P.C. Attorney at Law for a solid legal defense. Michael Lamson provides knowledgeable legal consultation for marijuana possession in Greater Metropolitan Houston, Texas.
What You Should Do When Charged with Marijuana Possession
Possession, sale, distribution and manufacturing of marijuana—recognized as a Schedule I substance—are controlled by both state and federal law in Texas. While several U.S. States have decriminalized marijuana and others have legalized medical and recreational use of marijuana, possession of marijuana in Texas remains against the law. Criminal penalties differ depending upon the amount of marijuana involved and whether the possession occurred in a drug-free school zone.
- Marijuana possession up to two ounces may lead to a fine up to $2,000, as many as 180 days in jail, or both.
- Marijuana possession of between two and four ounces may lead to a fine up to $4,000, as much as one year in jail, or both.
- Marijuana possession of four ounces to five pounds may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, 180 days to two years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana possession of five to 50 may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, two to 10 years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana possession of 50 to 2,000 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $10,000, two to 20 years in prison, or both.
- Marijuana possession of more than 2,000 pounds may lead to a fine of up to $50,000, five to 99 years in prison, or both.
Expert in Legal Cases involving Marijuana Possession
Know your rights if arrested and charged with marijuana possession. Rely on the Law Office of Michael Lamson, for superior legal assistance. Michael Lamson has represented clients in marijuana possession and other drug offenses since 1977, and satisfied clients have given him five-star reviews on the AVVO law directory. He also has received a perfect 5.0 peer-reviewed rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
Our law firm delivers dependable legal services for marijuana possession charges in the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area, including these communities and jurisdictions:
- Northwest Houston
- Brazoria County
- Fort Bend County
- Harris County
- Montgomery County
- Federal cases for U.S. District Courts