Arson | Legal Services for Metro Houston
Cases involving arson may seem straightforward at first, but when a reputable defense attorney begins to pull apart the details of the case, it can get entangled, problematic and even difficult for prosecutors to prove. Generally speaking, arson involves intentionally burning someone’s property, including a house, building, car or land. Texas arson laws include strict penalties, including possible jail time, large fines and other civil ramifications. If you, a friend or family member has been charged with arson in Metro Houston, Texas, contact the law office of Michael Lamson for a complete review of your arson case.
Penalties for Criminal Arson Charges in Houston
Michael Lamson Attorney at Law, Houston, has assisted defendants in criminal cases, including arson, for more than 35 years. Call our team for a free, no-obligation consultation for your arson case. We will assess your arson case for legal defense options and evaluate your best legal options. We will examine the circumstances regarding potential problems with proving intent, recklessness and other circumstances involved in your arson case.
The State of Texas has set aside harsh penalties for arson:
- First-degree felony arson is penalized by five to 99 years in prison with fines up to $10.000.
- Second-degree felony arson is penalized by two to 20 years in prison with fines up to $10.000.
- Third-degree felony arson is penalized by two to 10 years in prison with fines up to $10.000.
- State jail felony arson is penalized by 180 days to two years in prison with fines up to $10.000.
Defending Against Arson Charges in Houston
Call us for expert legal representation for arson charges in Metro Houston. The Texas law office of Michael Lamson provides experienced legal help for defendants in arson cases for the following communities and jurisdictions:
- Northwest Houston
- Brazoria County
- Fort Bend County
- Harris County
- Montgomery County
- Federal cases for U.S. District Courts